|Frequently Asked Questions|
|Question:||How do I change the combination on a "Set-Your-Own" combination lock model #643DWD?|
Here are the instructions for changing the combination on your model 643DWD lock. This lock is preset at the factory to operate at P-L-A-Y.
1. Decide on your new 4 letter combination - choose from suggestions on reverse side or create your own.
2. With dials at P-L-A-Y (middle of letters should be aligned with red stripe), pull out the shackle.
3. Turn shackle 90 degree (1/4 turn) so notch on shackle is aligned with notch in lock body.
4. Press and hold the shackle down.
5. Set the dials to your desired combination by lining up middle of letters with red stripe.
6. Lift shackle, return to closed position and hold shackle down while scrambling letters to lock.
7. To re-open lock, set dials to your combination and lift shackle.
Note: Be sure to record your NEW combination as you are the only one that knows it!
Store your combination at www.masterlockvault.com - a FREE service from Master Lock! The Master Lock Vault provides a safe & convenient place to store all of your confidential data for quick & easy access from your PC, iPhone, or any other mobile devices!
Note: The lock may only be reset when it is in the open position. If you do not recall the combination the lock is set to, you will not be able to reset the combination.