Send Temporary Code
If you would like to share access to your lock with a Guest who only needs temporary access or who doesn't have a Bluetoothenabled device, you can send a Temporary Code they can enter on the lock keypad.
To send a Temporary Code:
- Select the lock from the Locks list.
- Touch manage lock in the upper right corner. Enter your passcode, if prompted.
- Select the appropriate option to choose an existing Guest or to add a new Guest.
- Follow the prompts to enter your Guest's contact information and then touch continue.
- You can choose whether to send the Temporary Code by email or SMS (or both). Touch send temporary code when you are ready to send the message.
- You will receive a confirmation that a Temporary Code has been sent.
- Your Guest will receive an email, SMS or both, containing the Temporary Code and its expiration time. Temporary Codes are good for 4 - 8 hours.
Note: If you anticipate the need to send a Temporary Code to a Guest via SMS on a regular basis, please make sure to also include their email address which will ensure they are added to your app Guestbook. This will allow you to choose the Guest from your Guestbook in the future.