Safety Knowledge Center
Discover Best Practices, Services and Information
For years, Master Lock has been serving the safety market with expert solutions including padlocks, devices, and professional services. Our main goal is to provide you with what you need for your facility, so you can be sure all of your employees go home each day.
What is Lockout Tagout? What does it mean to you?
Master Lock Safety Solutions offers a broad selection of safety lockout padlocks & devices designed to help you stay compliant with OSHA’s 1910.147 The Control of Hazardous Energy standard.
Our products are designed to meet all of the 5 requirements for safety padlocks and devices outlined in the OSHA Lockout/Tagout standard including
- Exclusive for Safety
How to Choose a Padlock
Master Lock Safety Solutions™ offers endless customization option for your safety padlocks to ensure your facility has a unique lock for each employee.
Customization options include laser engraving, color options, padlock labels & more.View How to Choose a Padlock
Professional Lockout Services
Proven Expertise in Lockout Compliance
Master Lock’s team of lockout experts can ensure your facility is fully compliant through our systematic audit and visual lockout procedure writing process. Our team has years of experience writing procedures for companies across all industries. Whether you need to improve your existing procedures or develop an entirely new lockout program, we can help.More About Professional Lockout Services
Kina Repp – Workplace Safety Advocate
Kina Repp is an inspiring safety awareness advocate who shares her personal safety story with companies and employees across the globe.Learn More About Kina Repp
Commitment to the Environment
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Master Lock is determined to help sustain a lower carbon footprint by adhering to manufacturing processes that benefit more than just our bottom line.
We understand the importance of the people who produce and use our safety products, the communities where we live and operate, and the commitment to implementing green initiatives.
Learn more about UL Environment awarding Master Lock Safety Padlocks with Environmental Claim Validation.Our Commitment to the Environment
Safety Industry News Archive
- Sept. 6, 2017 - 2017 New Product of the Year Award Occupational Health & Safety
- Sept. 5, 2017 - 2017 'Best in Show' New Product Showcase Awards Safety+Health Magazine
- Aug. 30, 2017 - Getting Value Out of Your Hazard Assessment Process EHS Today
- Jul. 23, 2017 - 2017 NSC Congress & Expo Safety+Health Magazine
- Jul. 21, 2017 - Five Ways To Reduce Manufacturing Safety Hazards IMPO Magazine
- Jul. 17, 2017 - Safety 2017 Attendee Awards winners ISHN
- Jul. 17, 2017 - "Unexpected" Consequences: Expert Discusses Impact of Lockout Tagout... Plastics Technology
- Jul. 03, 2017 - Professional Lockout Services IMPO Magazine
- Jun. 22, 2017 - Safety 2017: Seven safety leadership tips for supervisors Safety. BLR
- Jun. 22, 2017 - Safety 2018 Set for San Antonio Occupational Health & Safety
- Jun. 22, 2017 - SLC 2017 Speaker Q&A: Avoiding the Legal Pitfalls of Lockout/Tagout EHS Today
- Jun. 20, 2017 - Insights From Safety 2017: ANSI/ASSE Z244.1 2016, Lockout, Tagout & Alternative Methods Standard Professional Safety Magazine
- Jun. 19, 2017 - Safety 2017: The 7 Cs of Success EHS Today
- May 28, 2017 - Safety Leadership: Acceptance of 'near compliance' at work Safety+Health Magazine
- May 25, 2017 - Speaking of safety Safety+Health Magazine
- Mar. 10, 2017 - Energy Control Planning: A Guide to the Key Lockout/Tagout Considerations EHS Today
- Jan. 12, 2017 - New ANSI Lockout Standard a 'New Direction' Occupational Health & Safety
Safety Industry News
- Dec. 19, 2017 - Safety Leadership: The secrets to keeping workers safe on short-term projects Safety+Health Magazine
- Dec. 13, 2017 - Safety First DOM Magazine
- Dec. 1, 2017 - Controlling Hazardous Energy with Lockout/Tagout Occupational Health & Safety
- Nov. 1, 2017 - Blindsided: New lockout device hoping to put an end to pipefitter injuries Canadian Occupational Safety
- Oct. 26, 2017 - How to Turn Around a Safety Culture Reliable Plant